Thursday, March 31, 2011

Globe Cake Pops

I have a lot of catching up to do as far as blog posts go! I have been tracked out of school for the past week and a half, but for some reason this track out has been super busy. I can tell that the busy season for cakes is starting up! Here are a few pics of something new I tried out for a customer. She requested globe cake pops for a baby shower she was helping to throw. They were the party favors and I love how creative you can get with these! I am hoping more people will ask me to make them becuase they are super yummy and really fun to make.
Before getting all packaged up!

Getting  them all dressed and ready for the shower


Once a year, our church has a Mission's Festival where missionaries come and share how God is working all over the world. We get together and eat dinner on Friday night (hundreds of people!) to get a vision for the work that God is doing in many places! As  I was making these I thought about how cool it would be to make them for the festival...boy that would be a task!
On another side note, Missions and the World are close to my heart. I spent two years working with Campus Crusade for Christ - a year in East Asia and a year here in Raleigh. The most recent trip was with my husband, of now 2 years, to Uganda. We went with a team from our church to help put on a VBS for street kids. We miss them so much and hope to go back sometime in the future!

1 comment:

  1. I work with "Campus Crusade for Christ" up in Canada (small world!) and just stumbled upon your blog looking for a design for globe cake pops to make for our mission's info night on campus - thanks for the great idea!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete