Friday, January 25, 2013

Polymer Clay Cake Toppers....PIMP YOUR CAKE!

Sooo, it is sleeting and snowing and has totally messed up my errand plans. I know it has been all in the news, but seriously I didn't think it would be bad. Anywho, I attempted to go out and had to turn back home because I had precious cargo in the car and just couldn't take the risk.....so this has given me a little extra time to blog.
I want to talk a little about my cake toppers. Some of them are edible (made out of fondant or gumpaste) but some are not edible and will last a lifetime (made out of polymer clay). I think there is a little confusion about the two because they look similar. Here is an example of one that is made out of gumpaste...


This one was made out of fondant....

 
 


And this was made out of polymer clay.....
 
 
 
 
The main difference is that you can keep the polymer ones as a little memory from the event. I made the one above for my little guy's 1st birthday. I can make these to look like people, animals, etc. I am hoping to open an etsy shop with them soon! Here is what it looked like on his smash cake: 
 
 
Well it is "ta ta" from me. If you are experiencing the snow and ice, I hope you have a wonderful  wintry, snugly day!
 
PS
Here are a few other polymer cake toppers I have made in the past.....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment