Saturday, February 2, 2013

Lost Keys


So, this is a little more of a personal post, but it also includes a sweet treat at the end. Today, I was reminded of how praying for "little things" can be answered with a big message. First of all, let me admit, I often struggle with thinking I should only pray for "important" things or "big" things. For example, I felt silly praying for Landon to sleep through the night when he was a newborn because I should be thankful for a baby, etc. This isn't how God wants us to treat him with prayer - picking and choosing what is important enough to pray for. He says in Philippians 4:6-7:

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

He doesn't say "only pray for big things like war, etc", but He says "but in everything ...let your requests be known to God."

Sooooo on to the story that led me to meditate on this verse. Yesterday, I went for a run with Daisy and Landon using my $5 jogging stroller I got off of Craigslist. I didn't realize it had a small hole in the attached bag...looking at it now it is so small I don't see how much keys could have fallen through it, but they apparently did.

I spent about an hour searching high and low for my keys, but still no sign of them. I figured I must have locked them in my car, so when Dave got home he had a good friend come over to help him break in....that didn't work.

The following day I called our insurance to use the $100 credit for roadside assistance. Landon and I watched the guy open my lock (which was quite fun and interesting) and he must have though I was the craziest lady when I searched my empty, no keys present, car.

Well, it was time to search "da hood" for my keys. Wouldn't you know that I had gone down almost all the side roads to make my run long so the search wasn't an easy one. My week has been a stressful one, with personal junk going on and I also have a lot of cake orders (which I am sooo thankful for). All of that to say, I didn't have time for this. I started giving it over to the Lord and asked him to change my heart, and it it was His will, for me to find my keys. If it wasn't His will, I asked for patience and joy as we changed the locks in our house and got a new car key made. As I was surrendering it all, I looked up to see this sign:



Yay!!

So, the short story is, I got over my pride about praying for something I would consider "little" and God showed me how I need to bring EVERYTHING, by prayer and petition, to Him.

I wanted to thank our neighbors, so here are some yummy red velvet with cream cheese icing cupcakes I made for them



Hope they enjoyed them! I am so thankful for their kindess and all the trouble they went to to try to find me.

No comments:

Post a Comment