Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Boston Red Sox Baseball Cake

My friend, Erin, got married this past weekend and asked me to make a groom's cake for the rehearsal dinner. I LOVED the engagement pictures they took at the Durham Bull's baseball park and she wanted a cake to show their love for baseball. Here it is...


I love how the baseball turned out! It was my first time using rice krispy treats to mold. Believe it or not, the baseball is a WHOLE recipe of rice krispy treats. I had to mush it all together to make the ball and then iced it with buttercream and covered it with fondant.

 
This is also the first time I used a grass tip to make the grass on the cake. It is buttercream grass and the rest of the cake is covered with fondant. The flavor- chocolate with buttercream.

 
I hope the groom liked it!




No comments:

Post a Comment