Monday, April 29, 2013

The Little Blue Truck

I have been wanting to blog about this birthday party for quite a while! My friend SuAnne has a little boy named Hudson who LOVES the book The Little Blue Truck. SuAnne based his whole 1st birthday party on the book and everything turned out super cute. I loved making the cake(s), cookies and cake topper because I often read Landon the book (Hudson gave it to Landon for his birthday).
Here are some pics from sweet Hudson's birthday bash!



 
The cake was Butter Golden with buttercream and covered in fondant. The topper was actually made out of polymer clay, so it wasn't edible, but Hudson was able to keep it.





I love how the cookies turned out! I wrote about making cookie cutter for the truck shape in a previous post .

 
Here is SuAnne's beautiful tablescape!! It turned out so adorable.

 And finally here is the awesome picture prop! I drew the truck on some cardboard for SuAnne and she and her hubby painted it....great teamwork! Happy 1st Birthday Hudson!

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! I just decided to do a Little Blue Truck party for my Hudson's first birthday next month. Any tips on making the fondant cake decor? And where did you get the balloons for the photo shoot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anne! I used polymer clay for the topper. I actually make those and ship them out so if you are interested let me know. Also, my friend who had the party ordered the balloons online. I am not sure where but I can ask her for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tricia, So Adorable!! Would you please send me info on how to order the cake topper, and the balloons? I would greatly appreciate it!!

      Delete
    2. Dear Tricia, I would love to contact you about ordering a cake topper for my little guy's 1st birthday . Thank you - Andrea Clements. andrea.clmnts@gmail.com

      Delete
  3. Hello! I would love information on ordering these cake toppers. Also can you provide the link to your previous post about making the cookie cutter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! How do you make the cardboard truck stand up? What is behind to brace it? thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I am interested in the cake topper & cookies too. Do you ship the cookies out? Can you send me the information? MagoScoggins@gmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I please have information on ordering the cookies for my nephews bday in july. Email is veronicaldiaz85@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete