Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sailboat Cake


Here is another cake I made for Justin and Cassandra's wedding. This was the groom's cake and they also had it at the reception. Justin is a big Miami fan so Cassandra requested that the sail have the Miami logo on it. There were a few other "inside" jokes that she wanted on the cake. The water was a last minute detail! I felt like I was on one of those cake shows with only a few minutes left to finish up. I was going to just used blue buttercream icing, but I didn't like how it looked. I always tell my art students when they paint water to mix lots of different blues and greens together because water isn't just blue. I also remind them their water doesn't need to look "perfect" becuase it is always moving. I love using the lessons I teach my students...I need to learn how to follow my own advice :) Anywho, I painted a few of the waves with white food coloring. I just discovered white food btw.

No comments:

Post a Comment