Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Lingerie Shower cupcakes






I'm so excited for one of my good friends, Taylor! She is getting married in May and I had the honor of making cupcakes for her lingerie shower. Taylor and I were roomates in the "Pink Palace" before Dave and I got married. Karoline, Taylor and I called it the Pink Palace because EVERYTHING was pink. What a perfect apartment for three single girls :) When I say everything, I mean everything - even a pink leather couch that Karoline and I found on Craigslist...awww memories. Anywho, lets get to the cupcakes! Karoline picked out the recipe for me to use - it is called "Hummingbird Cake" with cream cheese frosting. I really loved this recipe because it was so different from a basic chocolate or vanilla cake and it had a little fruity taste to it. Here is a description of the recipe "Hummingbird cake is a banana, pecan, and pineapple cake that is generously filled and topped with cream cheese frosting. This cupcake version adds the fruit and nuts to a yellow cupcake batter and covers the top of the cupcakes with thick swirls of cream cheese frosting. Piping the frosting through a star-shaped pastry tube is a fast way to add a fancy party finish." Doesn't it sound delectable?! For Christmas, my Secret Santa got me a fun cupcake kit complete with a recipe book and decorating tools and this is one of the recipes it included. Thanks Secret Santa!

2 comments: